Walking Experiences in Filicudi
Filicudi was the first island to appear from the Eolian volcanic activity. It had seven active craters. You still have two prehistoric villages, and may walk on the very ancient routes where first islanders lived. Its colors, its people, its wildness is a mix of everything the Mediterranean may offer you as long as you wish to stay and enjoy it. The Aeolian Islands offer many kinds of experiences from easy to difficult, from short to long ones, from one side of the island to the other…..up to Siccagni and then back by boat in one of the best spots of the Aeolian archipelago.
If guests stay overnight on the island, it is possible to organize these experiences at sunset with aperitif on boat; nighttime Totani fishing; turtle and dolphin watching.
The best completion of an Aeolian Islands experience? A food tour with Sicilian homemade meals on unique private terraces.
WALKING EXPERIENCES: FILICUDI
1. Zucco Grande: South/East. Easy. Duration 2h. Altitude 300 m a.s.l.
2. La Fontanella. Easy. Duration 2h. Altitude 300 m a.s.l.
3. Ficarrisi. Moderate. Duration 4h. Altitude 600 m a.s.l.
4. Siccagni: to West side cliff. Difficult. We go down to the sea from Ficarrisi. For the level of difficulty and duration coming back by boat is mandatory. So, the conditions of the sea must be perfect. Duration 4.5h. Altitude 600 m s.l. in Ficarrisi. Sunset.
5. Fossa Felci. Moderate. Duration 4h. Altitude 774m a.s.l.
6. Piano Sardo. Moderate. Duration 5h. Sunset.
7. Capo Graziano and the Mycenaean Altar. Easy. Altitude 200 m a.s.l.
Filicudi is fully crossed by old donkey paths, which connect all contradas. Walking through this allows seeing all sides of the islands with different and color-changing perspectives. Level of difficulty: easy. Duration adaptable.
All the experiences may start early in the morning or in the afternoon.