Aeolian Islands Excursions: Filicudi
Filicudi was the first island to appear from the Eolian volcanic activity. It had three active craters. You still have two prehistoric villages, and may walk on the very ancient routes where first islanders lived. Its colors, its people, its wildness is a mix of everything the Mediterrenenan may offer you as long as you wish to stay and enjoy it. The Aeolian Islands offers many kind of excursions from easy to difficult from short to long ones, from one side of the island to the other…..up to Siccagni and then back by boat in one of the best spot of the Aeolian archipelago.
If guests stay overnight on the island, it is possible to organize this excurions at sunset with aperitif on boat; nightime Totani fishing; turtle and dolphin watching.
The best completion of an Aeolian Islands excursion? A food tour with Sicilian homemade meals on unique private terraces.
Aeolian Islands excursions: Filicudi
1. Zucco Grande: South/East. Easy. Duration 2h. Altitude 300 m a.s.l.
2. Zucco Grande – Sorgente del Vallone Fontana: South/East. Easy. Duration 2h. Altitude 300 m a.s.l.
3. Zucco Grande – Fossa Zucco Grande: South/East. Easy-Moderate. Duration 3h. It is possible to come back from this Aeolian Islands excursion by boat with good sea conditions. Altitude 300 m a.s.l.
4. Ficarrisi from Zucco Grande: South/East/North/West. Moderate. Duration 4h. Altitude 600 m a.s.l. Sunset.
5. Ficarrisi from Serro: South/East/North/West. Moderate. Duration 4h. Altitude 600 m a.s.l. Sunset.
6. Ficarrisi from Smarraturi: South/East/North/West. Moderate. Duration 4/4.5h. Altitude 600 m a.s.l. Sunset.
7. Siccagni: to West side cliff. Difficult. We go down to the sea from Ficarrisi. For the level of difficulty and duration coming back by boat is mandatory. So, conditions of the sea must be perfect. Duration 4.5h. Altitude 600 m s.l. in Ficarrisi. Sunset.
8. Fossa Felci from Serro: East/South/West. Moderate. Duration 4h. Altitude 774m a.s.l. Sunset.
9. Fossa Felci and Piano Sardo: East/South/West. Moderate. Duration 5h. Altitude 774 m a.s.l. a Fossa Felci. Sunset.
10. Mulattiere. Filicudi is fully crossed through by old donkey paths, which connect all contradas. Walking through this allows seeing all sides of the islands with different and color-changing perspectives. Level of difficulty: easy/moderate. Duration 3h.
11. Capo Graziano and the Mycenean Altar. Easy. Altitude 200 m a.s.l. A real wild hike!
All the excursions may start early morning or in the afternoon.